- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Meatball Appetizers Recipe
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Ground lean chuck steak||1 Pound|
|Fine fresh bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Small, finely chopped|
|Meat sauce||1 Tablespoon (Such As A-1)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 119 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.5%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59.6 mg
Sodium 98.9 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.28 g1.1%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 13 g26.2%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce , ground black pepper, thyme, minced steak, bread crumbs, onion and a whisked egg. Mix well to form a wet dough-like consistency.
2. Using your hands, make small 1 inch balls from the mixture. Place on a tray.
3. Heat a ceramic plate for 4 minutes. Add oil.
4. Fry the meat balls in batches of 10, cooking each for 1 minute on either side in the ceramic dish.
5. As your frying, rotate the dish one quarter of a turn or 45 degrees, for every minite.
6. Serve with a mint sauce on the side.
7.Use the recipe to make meatball sandwiches using baguettes.