- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Meatball And Macaroni Soup Recipe
|Extra-virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||2 , peeled, chopped|
|Celery ribs||2 , chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Bay leaves||2 (Fresh Or Dried)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Beef||1⁄3 Pound, grounded and combined with pork and veal|
|Pork||1⁄3 Pound, grounded and combined with beef and veal|
|Veal||1⁄3 Pound, grounded and combined with beef and pork|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated (Parmigiano Reggiano Or Romano)|
|Plain bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Or Couple Of Handfuls)|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly grounded or grated|
|Chicken stock/Broth||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dried pasta/Broken fettuccini/ditalini||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Spinach||1 Pound, triple-washed and coarsely chopped|
Calories 704 Calories from Fat 273
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.5%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 161.1 mg
Sodium 980.8 mg40.9%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.7%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 48 g95.7%
Vitamin A 322.1% Vitamin C 66.5%
Calcium 32% Iron 37.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut all the vegetables, as desired.
2) In deep pot oadd chopped carrots, onions, celery, oil and bay leaves.
3) Season with salt and pepper and cook the veggies for 5-6 minutes in a covered pot while stirring in between.
4) While the veggies are cooking, in a mixing bowl, combine meats, garlic, cheese, egg, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
5) In the vegetable pot, add broth and water.
6) Increase flame to high and boil the soup than reduce the heat.
7) Make small balls from the meat mixture and drop them in the soup.
8) When all balls are finished, add pasta to the soup and simmer until pasta is tender.
9) Add spinach to the pot and cook until wilted.
10) Soup is ready to serve.
11) Adjust the seasoning before serving.
12) Serve the soup with crusty bread slices or grilled 4 cheese sandwiches.