- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Meat Samosa Recipe Video
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (deep frying)|
|For the dough|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Oil/Melted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||100 Milliliter (as required)|
|For the filling|
|Ground beef/Beef||200 Gram|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, boiled, cubed|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Ground coriander||1⁄2 Teaspoon (1/2 tablespoon- fresh coriander chopped)|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (1 bouillon cube)|
|Lime||1 Medium, juiced|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 689 Calories from Fat 492
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g85.4%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.5 mg
Sodium 783.9 mg32.7%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.2%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 11 g21.4%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 25.8%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 15.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl put the flour. Then add the salt and oil to the flour and mix well.
2. Gradually add water while mixing to form dough. Once dough is form, transfer it in a flat area and knead for 6 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Set aside.
3. FILLING: In a bowl, put the meat, add the onions, all the spices (turmeric, ground coriander and curry powder, garam masala), and ginger and garlic paste.
4. In a pan, heat the 2 tablespoon of oil and stir fry the beef for few minutes.
5. Add potatoes, one cup of water and salt or one bouillon cube. Let it simmer until all the liquid is totally absorbed. Then add the lime juice.
6. Transfer into a bowl and allow it to completely cool down.
7. SAMOSA: Cut a small size of the dough, then sprinkle with flour and use your rolling pin to fatten the dough into a circle. The dough need to be very thin.
8. Then use a sharp knife and cut it into half. Take one part and fold one point up to form a triangular pocket.
9. Fill that pocket with some of the meat mixture. Now close it and secure.
10. In a deep frying pan, heat the oil in a medium high heat and deep-fry the samosas until golden brown. Drain and transfer on paper towel to remove excess oil.
11. In a serving platter, serve the samosas with choice of dip or with ketchup.
Ready-made Phyllo (Filo) dough at the supermarket can be used if you don’t want to make the dough yourself.