- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lean Meat Loaf Recipe
|Lean ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Catsup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 360 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.9%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 153.2 mg
Sodium 918.4 mg38.3%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.74 g3%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 38 g76.9%
Vitamin A 17.3% Vitamin C 22.7%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 24.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixing bowl, combine first 10 ingredients for the meat loaf.
2. Mix thoroughly.
3. Turn the mixture into a 9-inch x 5-inch loaf dish which is microwave proof.
4. Cover the dish with waxed paper and place in the microwave oven
5. Set the level to 5 and cook the meat loaf for about 30 minutes.
6. Check for doneness with a meat thermometer which should reach 160Â° F.
7. Stir together the catsup and Worcestershire sauce and pour over meat loaf.
8. Cover and let the meat loaf stand for 5 minutes.
9. Slice and serve warm along with potatoes and vegetables on the side.