- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Meat Filled Tomatoes Recipe
|Ripe tomatoes||6 Large (Firm Ones)|
|Minced beef||1⁄2 Pound, ground with pork|
|Minced pork||1⁄2 Pound, ground with beef|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), grated|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), snipped|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Canned corn niblets||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
Calories 437 Calories from Fat 247
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.4%
Saturated Fat 12 g59.9%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 194.5 mg
Sodium 1069 mg44.5%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.2%
Sugars 10.5 g
Protein 30 g59%
Vitamin A 60.7% Vitamin C 73.3%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 18.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut a thin slice from the stem end of each tomato.
2) Carefully scoop out the pulp and juice from tomatoes. (Save the pulp and juice aside for stewed tomatoes or tomato sauce).
3) Sprinkle salt into the inner side of each tomato.
4) Keep the tomatoes aside, upside down, until it's time to fill.
5) Preheat oven to 375°F.
6) In a large bowl, combine meat, grated cheese, onion, parsley, pepper, allspice, salt, egg and corn. Mix thoroughly.
7) In a skillet, add 1 tablespoon butter.
8) Saute the meat mixture in the skillet over medium heat, until the pinkness of the meat disappears.
9) Drain off fat from the meat mixture.
10) Take the tomatoes and fill them with equal measures of the meat mixture.
11) In a baking dish, arrange the stuffed tomatoes.
12) Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the meat becomes piping hot and tomatoes turn just tender.
13) Serve hot on spaghettini.