- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Meat Filled Tomatoes Recipe
|Minced pork||1 Pound|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), snipped|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Corn niblets||8 Ounce|
Calories 618 Calories from Fat 279
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.9%
Saturated Fat 13.4 g67.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 145.7 mg
Sodium 939.7 mg39.2%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 13.2 g52.7%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 33 g65.1%
Vitamin A 50.3% Vitamin C 57.9%
Calcium 18.7% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut a thin slice from the stem end of each tomato.
2) Carefully scoop out the pulp and juice from tomatoes. (Save the pulp and juice aside for stewed tomatoes or tomato sauce).
3) Sprinkle salt into the inner side of each tomato.
4) Keep the tomatoes aside, upside down, until it's time to fill.
5) Preheat oven to 375°F.
6) In a large bowl, combine meat, grated cheese, onion, parsley, pepper, allspice, salt, egg and corn. Mix thoroughly.
7) In a skillet, add 1 tablespoon butter.
8) Saute the meat mixture in the skillet over medium heat, until the pinkness of the meat disappears.
9) Drain off fat from the meat mixture.
10) Take the tomatoes and fill them with equal measures of the meat mixture.
11) In a baking dish, arrange the stuffed tomatoes.
12) Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the meat becomes piping hot and tomatoes turn just tender.
13) Serve hot on spaghettini.