- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Meat Balls With Spaghetti Recipe
|Cooked beef/Veal / pork||1 Pound|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Thin lemon rind slice||1|
|Apple||1 , peeled and cored|
|White bread slice||1 Large, soaked in a little milk|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (For Coating)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|For tomato sauce|
|Ripe tomatoes||2 Pound, chopped|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Carrot||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Celery stalk||1 , chopped|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 840 Calories from Fat 289
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.9%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 126.7 mg
Sodium 284.4 mg11.9%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.6%
Sugars 12.6 g
Protein 48 g95.4%
Vitamin A 102.2% Vitamin C 74.3%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 45.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Boil spaghetti in plenty of salted water until tender and then drain the excess water.
2) To make the sauce, take a saucepan and put all the ingredients, simmer until a thick homogenous consistency is formed.
3) Sieve and check for seasoning.
4) Add parsley, garlic, meat, apple, and lemon peel in a food mill.
5) Squeeze milk from bread and add to the meat.
6) Break in egg, seasoning, and nutmeg.
7) Blend well and make small balls with the mixture, roll over flour, and then fry until brown.
8) Drain the meatballs on paper towel and add in the tomato sauce.
9) Simmer gently.
10) Spread spaghetti on a serving dish, add a dollop of butter and toss well.
11) Arrange meatballs on top of spaghetti and pour sauce.
12) Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and serve hot.