- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Meat Balls In Mushroom Sauce Recipe
|Lean steak||8 Ounce (Braising / Rump)|
|Onion||1 , quartered|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed with a little salt|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Ounce|
|Seasoned flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Lard/Dripping||1 Ounce (For Frying)|
|Condensed mushroom soup||8 Ounce (1 Tin)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Calories 569 Calories from Fat 277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.8%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g48.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 106.3 mg
Sodium 1271.4 mg53%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.1%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 47 g94%
Vitamin A 39.6% Vitamin C 43%
Calcium 21% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a basin and mince the trimmed steak in it. Add the onion and garlic. Pour in salt, cheese and lightly beaten egg to bind the mixture.
2. Divide the dough into 8 to 10 portions and roll each portion into balls. Put oil on your fingers while make the balls.
3. Roll the balls in seasoned flour and fry them in hot lard or dripping until brown.
4. Drain the excess fat and add the soup, and can of water. Bring it to boil. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes while keep stirring occasionally.
5. Season well and sprinkle chopped parsley on the top.
6. Serve immediately with buttered beans and creamed potatoes.