- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Meat Ball Stew Recipe
|Small white onions||1 Pound|
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Uncooked rice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce with mushrooms||24 Ounce (3 Cans, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3128 Calories from Fat 1796
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 198 g305.3%
Saturated Fat 68 g340.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 691.5 mg
Sodium 5331.4 mg222.1%
Total Carbohydrates 197 g65.6%
Dietary Fiber 31.5 g126.1%
Sugars 46.5 g
Protein 146 g291.9%
Vitamin A 1147.5% Vitamin C 147.8%
Calcium 45.6% Iron 85%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cook onions according to directions in vegetable chapter until almost tender. Drain.
3. Scrub carrots and scrape or peel if necessary. Cut in half and cook according to directions in vegetable chapter, until almost tender. Drain.
4. Combine beef, egg, rice, thyme, salt, Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 can of tomato sauce. Blend lightly but thoroughly. Shape mixture into small balls.
5. Preheat Dutch oven over medium-high heat until a square of butcher's or white paper in the bottom turns brown. Remove paper.
6. Place meat balls in Dutch oven and brown on all sides.
8. Add partially cooked vegetables to Dutch oven.
9. Cover, with vac-control valve closed. Cook over low heat 25 to 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and meat balls cooked.