- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mayonnaise for Two Recipe
|Mustard powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2.5 ml)|
|White pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Pint (150 ml)|
|White wine vinegar/Lemon juice||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1126 Calories from Fat 1103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 125 g191.9%
Saturated Fat 18 g90.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 185.1 mg
Sodium 398.6 mg16.6%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.63 g2.5%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 3 g6.2%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C 0.6%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small bowl, place together egg yolk and beat in the mustard powder and salt and pepper.
2) While still beating add in 2 tablespoons of oil, drop by drop, beating vigorously.
3) Add in 1 teaspoon of the vinegar or lemon juice, while beating.
4) Gently beat in the remaining oil until the mixture is very thick.
5) Mix in the remaining vinegar to taste.
7) Transfer Mayonnaise in a screw-topped jar in the refrigerator. It can keep for up to 1 week.
8) Use as required.