- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mayflower Shepherd's Pie Recipe
|Extra lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Non stick olive oil cooking spray||1|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Sliced carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned beef broth||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned mixed vegetable juice||5 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried rosemary||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mashed potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fargo Garlic Style)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 654 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.3%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 73.6 mg
Sodium 847.9 mg35.3%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g37.1%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g49.8%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 39 g77.2%
Vitamin A 70.7% Vitamin C 105%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 21.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Coat same skillet with cooking spray. Add onion, garlic, and carrots. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes or until onion is softened, adding a little beef broth to prevent sticking and overbrowning as needed.
3. Add remaining broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
4. Add mushrooms and peas. Cook 1 minute more.
5. Preheat oven to 450°.
6. In small bowl stir cornstarch into mixed vegetable juice to dissolve. Add to cooked vegetables. Stir over medium heat until mixture thickens, about 2 minutes. Add Worcestershire, rosemary, salt, pepper, and browned meat. Transfer mixture to 2-quart casserole.
7. Spread mashed potatoes over top of pie, or spoon on dollops of mashed potatoes. Swirl with fork to decorate. Sprinkle potatoes with Parmesan.
8. Bake 15 minutes or until potato topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly.