- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Max'S Style Whole Fried Chicken Recipe Video
|Cornish game hen||1 (Whole Spring Chicken)|
|Dried bay leaves||6|
|Chopped cilantro/Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 4047 Calories from Fat 3785
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 427 g657.2%
Saturated Fat 67.1 g335.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 340.9 mg
Sodium 2148.2 mg89.5%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 59 g117%
Vitamin A 18.7% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 26.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add the dried bay leaves and chopped cilantro in the boiling water
3. Steam the chicken for 45 minutes
4. Remove the chicken from the steamer and allow the excess liquid to drip. Let the chicken cool down.
5. Rub salt and pepper all over the chicken.
6. In a deep-fryer or tall pot, pour the cooking oil and apply heat.
7. When the cooking oil is hot enough, deep-fry the chicken for about 12 minutes. (If the chicken is not entirely immersed in oil, flip the chicken to fry the other side for another 12 minutes or until color turns golden brown)
8. Remove the chicken from the fryer and allow oil to drip.
9. Serve hot with fried kamote (fried sweet potato). Share and Enjoy!