- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Eel||500 Gram, skinned and cut into 1 1/4" pieces on the slant (Ask The Fishmonger To Do This For You)|
|Rohu||1 Kilogram, cut into serving pieces|
|Pomfret||1 Kilogram, cut into 1 1/2 pieces with bone|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon (Juice Of 1 Lime)|
|Salt||To Taste (As Required)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Baby onions||150 Gram, peeled and left whole|
|Button mushrooms||100 Gram, trimmed and left whole|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), crushed seasoned flour as required|
|Wine||400 Milliliter (White Or Red)|
|Chopped thyme/1/2 teaspoon dried thyme||3 Teaspoon|
|Fish stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, halved|
|Celery stalks||2 , roughly chopped|
|Carrot||1 Medium, roughly chopped|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 676 Calories from Fat 248
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.7%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g37.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 175.4 mg
Sodium 411.3 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.9%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 72 g143.6%
Vitamin A 91.2% Vitamin C 32.9%
Calcium 20.2% Iron 38.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare fish stock with the fish heads, vegetables, pepper, bay leaf, parsley and chicken stock.
2. Strain, measure and reserve 1 cup of stock.
3. Wash all fish thoroughly and pat dry.
4. Rub fish with lime juice and salt.
5. Heat butter with oil in a large frying pan over moderate heat.
6. Add baby onions and mushroom and saute for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add garlic and saute for 4-6 minutes till light brown.
8. Remove vegetables from frying pan and place in a large, deep pan.
9. Dip fish in seasoned flour.
10. Fry fish in batches lightly on both sides.
11. Transfer fish to pan containing vegetables.
12. Warm brandy in a ladle, flambe it and pour over fish and vegetables.
13. Pour in strained fish stock.
14. Place 4-5 tbsp flour in a bowl and spoon in some gravy from pan.
15. Mix till well blended and pour into pan.
16. Stir gently and cook over moderate heat till gravy thickens.
17. Pour in wine and add thyme and salt to taste.
18. Simmer till fish is cooked.
19. Serve with chunks of hot French bread.