- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Valentines Day Green Tea Dessert - Matcha Toast Recipe Video
|Half and half||500 Milliliter|
|Matcha green tea powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Sweetened condensed milk||1⁄2 Can (5 oz)|
|Texas style bread slices||2 Medium|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon (2 Tablespoons per slice)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (As required)|
Calories 958 Calories from Fat 530
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g92.6%
Saturated Fat 37.2 g186%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 181.1 mg
Sodium 360.8 mg15%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g31.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.9 g3.6%
Sugars 65.7 g
Protein 17 g33.7%
Vitamin A 36.5% Vitamin C 6.8%
Calcium 50.7% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl with half and half and about 2 teaspoons of matcha green tea powder. Whisk them together until well combined.
2. Add about 1/2 a can of sweetened condensed milk. Continue whisking till the ingredients are well combined and set aside.
3. Take two thick slices of bread (Texas toasts), and spread about 2 tablespoons of butter on each toast. Pop them under the broiler till the edges turn brown.
4. When the bread is ready, dip the slices butter side down in a plate of sugar. Sprinkle more sugar to coat the bread evenly.
5. Use a chef;s torch and and slowly cook the sugar layer until evenly browned. If you don’t have a torch, pop your sugar toast back under the broiler to brown.
6. In a serving plate pour a generous pool of the green tea milk and place the toast right on top. Sprinkle some of the matcha powder on top.
7. Serve immediately.
The browned toasts can be cut into heart shapes and the matcha green tea powder can be sprinkled using a heart shaped stencil.