- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes Recipe Video
|Yukon gold potatoes||2 Pound, peeled and steamed|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Crushed black pepper||To Taste|
|Chives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|For infused milk and cream|
|Whole milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||3 Medium|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 345 Calories from Fat 312
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.6%
Saturated Fat 22.1 g110.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 118.1 mg39.4%
Sodium 222 mg9.2%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.13 g0.54%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 3 g6.7%
Vitamin A 26.9% Vitamin C 2.8%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 0.89%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a sauce pan, put together all the ingredients for infused milk and cream, and bring to a boil.
2. Take the pan off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
3. In a steamer, place the sweet potato cubes and steam them until they are tender.
4. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
5. Stream little infused milk at a time, over the potatoes.
6. Using a masher and mash the potatoes until roughly mashed and add in more infused milk if needed.
7. Serve the mashed potato in a bowl and garnish with fresh chives.