- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Holiday Mashed Sweet Potatoes--Easter ☼ Recipe Video
|Sweet potato||3 Medium, cut into ¾-inch cubes or wedges (red sweet potato)|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, melted|
|Fresh ground black pepper||To Taste (Optional)|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 192 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.9%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.4 mg
Sodium 206.2 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 12.6 g
Protein 1 g2.9%
Vitamin A 219.1% Vitamin C 3.1%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium-sized pot, combine melted butter, milk, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
2. Add cubed red sweet potatoes and place the pot on low to medium flame. Stir and bring it to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot with lid and cook for about 25-30 minutes or until fork tender.
4. Remove the pot from the oven and transfer it to a bowl. Using a potato masher, mash until smooth.
5. For topping, in a bowl, mix together butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix well.
6. Serve mashed potato hot with brown sugar topping or seasoned with black pepper.