- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mashed Sweet Potatoes Express Recipe Video
|Sweet potato||1 Large|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (as required)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 stick) (Optional)|
|Cumin powder/Cassia||1 Pinch (Optional)|
Calories 284 Calories from Fat 210
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.6%
Saturated Fat 15 g74.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.3 mg
Sodium 186.8 mg7.8%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 2 g4.7%
Vitamin A 227.4% Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Double wrap the sweet potato in a plastic wrap or a regular plastic bag.
2. Microwave the sweet potato for 5 minutes. Check if the sweet potato is soft – if not, continue microwaving it for another couple of minutes (The cooking time will depend on the size and the quantity of the sweet potatoes you are using).
3. Slice the sweet potato in half carefully as it is very hot and steamy.
4. In a pan scoop the flesh from the sweet potato ( If you prefer, you can just dice the potato and use it with the skin).
5. On medium heat, mash the potato with some milk (whole/ fat free). Just use enough milk to get a creamy consistency.
6. Add butter if using. Season it with salt and pepper and a pinch of cumin if desired. Mix well till combined.
7. In a serving bowl, serve it immediately hot as a side for any meat dish of choice or enjoy as it is.