- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mashed Sweet Potatoes Recipe Video
|Sweet potatoes/Yam||4 Pound, peeled, 1-inch dice (about 10 cups)|
|Whole milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 stick)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 358 Calories from Fat 118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.7%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.8 mg
Sodium 189.1 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.3%
Sugars 19.7 g
Protein 5 g9.8%
Vitamin A 651.7% Vitamin C 9.2%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place potatoes in a large stockpot and cover with cold water. Bring to boil on high.
2. Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer potatoes about 15 minutes, until tender when pierced with a fork or a knife tip.
3. Drain the potatoes and return them to a stockpot. Heat on low for 3-5 minutes, tossing gently, to remove excess moisture.
4. Combine potatoes, milk, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in stockpot. Mash with hand-held potato masher.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Tastes best when served warm. Goes well with roasts and grills. Serve with cranberry sauce at your Thanksgiving meal.