- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mashed Potatoes with Shallots Recipe Video
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Shallots||2 Large, peeled|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, freshly cut|
|Thyme||2 Tablespoon, freshly cut|
|Nutritional yeast||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1164 Calories from Fat 310
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g56%
Saturated Fat 19.4 g96.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 446.7 mg18.6%
Total Carbohydrates 205 g68.4%
Dietary Fiber 26 g103.9%
Sugars 51.3 g
Protein 23 g46.8%
Vitamin A 91.2% Vitamin C 376.7%
Calcium 31.2% Iron 75.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Toss the shallots in a little salt, pepper and a teaspoon of olive oil.
3. Toss the shallots into the baking tray and bake for 40 minutes.
4. In a pan, add potatoes and cold water to cover the potatoes.
5. Put this pan to boil. This should take around 20 minutes.
6. In another pan, gently heat 3/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk.
7. Get the shallots out of the oven and cool.
8. Drain the potatoes and put them back into the hot pan. The heat from the pan will dry out the extra water.
9. Next, chop up the shallots into small pieces.
10. In a bowl, add the boiled potatoes with 3/4 cup of heated almond milk and 1 big tablespoon of fake butter.
11. Add a pinch of salt & pepper, the shallots freshly chopped thyme and parsley and a tablespoon of nutritional yeast.
12. Use a potato masher or blender and blend all the ingredients in the bowl.
13. Serve these mashed potatoes with shallots as a yummy side dish.
Pouring cold water over the potatoes and then bringing to boil ensures even cooking of all the potatoes.