- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mashed Potatoes with Bacon and Cheese Recipe Video
|Potatoes||6 Medium, peeled, cut into pieces|
|Low fat buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Green onions||3 Medium, thinly sliced|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1501 Calories from Fat 495
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.6%
Saturated Fat 31.7 g158.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 157.4 mg
Sodium 1069.4 mg44.6%
Total Carbohydrates 207 g69.1%
Dietary Fiber 24.1 g96.5%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 59 g118.3%
Vitamin A 58.3% Vitamin C 368.2%
Calcium 119.2% Iron 54.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Add potatoes to boiling water and boil until fork tender, about 20 minutes.
2. Place bacon on plate and cover with a paper towel.
3. Cook by microwaving about 5 minutes.
4. Once bacon is cool enough to touch crumble into small pieces.
5. Place in bowl and serve alongside potatoes.
6. Drain water from potatoes and return potatoes to cooking pot.
7. Mash with potato masher.
8. Add buttermilk, cheese and pepper to potatoes and stir to combine.
9. Add more buttermilk, cheese or pepper as needed for taste and consistency.
10. Serve topped with cheese, bacon and green onion.