- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mashed Potatoes Moroccan Style Recipe Recipe Video
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled sliced into bowl with cold water|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Greek yogurt||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Dannon Oikos, fat free)|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Ground cumin||To Taste|
Calories 161 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.27 g0.41%
Saturated Fat 0.06 g0.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 123.8 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 7 g14.7%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 59.9%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot put the potatoes. Cover with cold water, add salt, the garlic cloves, and bay leaves.
2. Cook on medium-high heat, covered, for around 30 minutes or until the potatoes become soft.
3. Drain the potatoes from the water and transfer them in a large bowl.
4. Add the Greek yogurt and cilantro to the potatoes. Mash with a potato-masher, fork, or food processor till smooth.
5. Season with salt, pepper, and ground cumin to taste.
6. In a serving plate, serve the mashed potatoes with choice of meat dish or any man dish hot and garnished with cilantro leaves.