- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mashed Potatoes Recipe
|Idahos potatoes||6 Medium|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 524 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.31 g0.47%
Saturated Fat 0.18 g0.88%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.94 mg
Sodium 197.9 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 124 g41.2%
Dietary Fiber 13 g51.8%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 13 g26.5%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 97.2%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 0.02%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel potatoes and slice thinly.
2. In a large saucepan, place potatoes and cover with water. Add a little salt.
3. Boil on a medium flame until the potatoes are very tender.
4. Drain in a colander, return to pan and dry on a low flame, tossing until all moisture has evaporated.
5. Transfer to a blender or to a large bowl.
6. Blend or mash into a smooth puree, free of lumps.
7. Add salt if required and milk.
8. Blend or whisk until light and fluffy in texture.
9. Serve immediately while mash is still warm