- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mashed Potatoes Recipe
|Potatoes||2 Pound, pared and cut into 2-inch cubes (6 Medium Sized)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground white pepper||1 Dash|
|Brown gravy||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Condensed beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce, 1 can, un diluted (Bouillon)|
Calories 230 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.5 mg
Sodium 639.1 mg26.6%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.2%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 7 g13.3%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 49.7%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In medium saucepan place potato with 1 inch water and bring to boiling over high heat.
2. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, until tender-€”about 15 minutes.
3. Drain in colander and if desired, save cooking water for soup stock.
4. In the same saucepan, heat milk, butter, salt and pepper just until butter melts.
5. Return potato to pan.
6. Using potato masher or portable electric mixer, mash potato until light and fluffy and keep warm.
7. To make brown gravy:
8. In small saucepan, gradually add water to flour, whisking until smooth.
9. Add beef broth and whisk until well combined.
10. Over medium-high heat, bring to boiling, stirring constantly and boil for 30 seconds.
11. Serve the brown gravy over mashed potatoes.