- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Mashed Parsnips Recipe Video
|Parsnip||2 Pound, peeled and chopped|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Grapeseed oil||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Calories 175 Calories from Fat 7
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.84 g1.3%
Saturated Fat 0.13 g0.64%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 733.4 mg30.6%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.1 g44.5%
Sugars 11.3 g
Protein 3 g6.2%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 64.3%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel, wash and chop parsnips.
2. In a pot, add parsnips, water and chicken broth. Bring it to a boil.
3. Reduce flame and let it simmer for 20 minutes or until parsnips are soft.
4. Remove water from parsnips and mash it in a bowl.
5. Add the broth from the pan into the mashed parsnips.
6. To serve Easy Mashed Parsnips, drizzle grapeseed oil and sprinkle salt over it.