- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan Mashed Cauliflower Recipe Video
|Cauliflower||1 Large, broken into small florets (1 head)|
|White bean||1 Cup (16 tbs) (white kidney bean )|
|Vegan margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegan cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch, ground (to taste)|
Calories 337 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.8%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 418.4 mg17.4%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 14.4 g57.8%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 16 g32.6%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 175.2%
Calcium 17.2% Iron 35.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2) Place the covered steamer basket with cauliflower florets onto the pot of boiling water.
3) Steam the cauliflower for about 9 to 10 minutes until the florets are fork tender.
4) Then add the white kidney beans into the steamer basket, cover and steam for another 1 minute.
5) Remove the steamer basket and drain off the water from the pot.
6) Return the cauliflower and beans back into the empty pot.
7) Then add the vegan margarine, vegan cheddar cheese, sea salt and black pepper to taste.
8) Mash the mixture with an immersion blender until smooth and creamy.
9) Serve as an alternative to mashed potatoes.