- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mashed Carrot Soup With Cloves Recipe Video
|Carrots||2 Pound, mashed|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 139 Calories from Fat 8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.87 g1.3%
Saturated Fat 0.25 g1.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.26 mg
Sodium 399.5 mg16.6%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.5%
Sugars 17.3 g
Protein 3 g5.4%
Vitamin A 760.4% Vitamin C 74.4%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Boil the baby carrots for 25 minutes.
2. Using a hand mixer, mash them up.
3. Heat a cooking pot over medium flame with the mashed carrots.
4. Add orange juice, vegetable stock, ground cloves, salt and pepper and mix and bring to a simmer and let it stand for 5-8 minutes.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of cream and mix.
6. Ladle into bowls and serve piping hot.