- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Masala Puri (Tikhat Puri) Recipe Video
|For the dough|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Gram flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Besan)|
|Carom seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon, coarsely crushed|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon, coarsely crushed|
|Red chili powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As needed)|
|For rolling and frying|
|Oil||3 Cup (48 tbs) (As needed for rolling and deep frying)|
Calories 195 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.6%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 74.1 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.8%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 4 g8.7%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Plastic wrap
1. Heat pan on a high heat with 2 tsp oil.
2. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl combine together whole wheat flour, gram flour, carom seeds and cumin seeds, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well.
3. Add the hot oil and mix well with the flour.
4. Gradually add water and knead to make a firm dough.
5. Cover the dough in a plastic wrap and let it rest for about 15 minutes.
6. Lightly smear a little oil over the dough and knead for a couple of minutes.
7. Divide the dough into equal portions of small golf size balls.
8. Take each ball and smear with a little oil and roll into small thick rounds.
9. Heat oil, and deep fry the puris one at a time until golden brown on both sides. Once done, drain onto a paper towel to remove the excess oil.
10. Serve with a hot cup of tea.