- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Indian Masala Fried Fish Recipe Video
|Red snapper fillets||2 Pound, skinned and deboned and cut into 4 pieces|
|Red chilli powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Extra light olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Shallow Frying)|
|Fresh cilantro/Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 496 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.3%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.9 mg
Sodium 314.8 mg13.1%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.2%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 51 g102%
Vitamin A 39.5% Vitamin C 20.2%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients for a marinade. First add chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander, turmeric, garam masala, brown sugar and lime juice. Mix it together to get a paste like consistency.
2. Place the fillet on a large cutting board.
3. Rub the marinade on to fillets. Ensure that you rub both the sides of the fillet. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
4. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium flame.
5. Take the fillet and press it gently on the flour. Make sure you coat both the sides of the fillet evenly.
6. Transfer the fillet to the skillet and shallow-fry the fillet for 5 minutes on each side or until the fillet is cooked through.
7. Once done, transfer fillets to a serving platter.
8. Season it with salt and sprinkle a little lime juice.
9. Garnish with cilantro.
10. Serve Indian Masala Fried Fish with yoghurt salad, rice or pasta.