- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Masala Dosa Recipe Video
|Oil||1 Teaspoon (as per dosa preperation)|
|Dosa batter||1 Packet|
|Ginger garlic paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for the spicy red paste)|
|Curry powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for the spicy red paste)|
|Cornflour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for the spicy red paste)|
|Oil||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs) (for the spicy red paste)|
|Water||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs) (for the spicy red paste)|
|Chutney powder||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 321 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.6%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 698.7 mg29.1%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.6%
Dietary Fiber 7 g27.9%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 6 g11.9%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 2.9%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 27.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make the spicy red paste for the dosa spread, blend corn flour, ginger and garlic paste, curry powder and half measures of oil and water. Mix and set aside.
2. In a pan, apply oil for frying.
3. Take 1 big spoon of the dosa batter, pour on the hot griddle and spread till the edges of the pan.
4. While the dosa is cooking, pour some oil over it.
5. Take 3 teaspoons of the spicy red paste and spread it over the dosa.
6. Spread 4 teaspoons of the chutney powder on the dosa.
7. Put the potato palya, close one end of the dosa over the palya to the other end, seal and remove on a pan.
8. Serve the dosa with coconut chutney or sambar.