- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marzipan Filled Pastries Recipe
|Flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (At Room Temperature)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), cut into 1/2 inch pieces (3 1/2 Sticks)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|For the filling|
|Almond paste||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ground almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|For the icing|
|Confectionery sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh orange juice||3 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6654 Calories from Fat 3129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 361 g554.9%
Saturated Fat 162.5 g812.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1050.3 mg
Sodium 795 mg33.1%
Total Carbohydrates 758 g252.6%
Dietary Fiber 33.9 g135.8%
Sugars 323.7 g
Protein 113 g226.6%
Vitamin A 155.6% Vitamin C 19.4%
Calcium 110.3% Iron 180.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Take a large electric mixer bowl with dough hook, sift flour. Add yeast, sugar, ¼ cup butter, milk, vanilla, egg and salt and mix for 1 minute at low speed. Increase the speed to high and mix for 4 to 5 minutes till mixture becomes elastic and smooth.
3. Allow to rest for 5 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, add ingredients, alternatively. Gather dough, transfer to a lightly floured board and roll out as an 8 X 15 inch rectangle. Add rest of the butter to half the dough. Fold the second half dough to cover the buttered half. Using a rolling pin, press together and roll into 8 X 15 inch rectangle.
4. Bring both the narrow sides to the center by folding them. Start with longer sides, fold as halves so that 4 layers are formed. Cover and allow to refrigerate for 15 minutes.
5. Take out and repeat the rolling and folding process. Cover once again and low to refrigerate for 15 minutes.
6. Take a bowl, and prepare a filling of almonds, almond paste, juice and eggs and stir to a smooth filling.
7. Take a baking sheet, butter it and keep aside.
8. Roll out cooled dough into 12 X 15 inch rectangle. Top half the portion with filling, fold with other half and using a rolling pin, press together.
9. Halve lengthwise and further, cut into 7 to 8 one inch wide strips. Shape into S, by twisting opposite ends.
10. Place on prepared baking sheet and keep aside in a warm place for 15 minutes. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minute to golden brown.
11. Meanwhile, take a small mixing bowl, add orange juice and sugar and stir to a smooth mixture. Using spatula, take out baked pastries from oven and place on wire rack to cool. Decorate with icing while warm.
12. Cool and serve.