- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mock-Crabcake Recipe Video
|Vegetable oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Carrot||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), minced|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Mayonnaise/Vegan mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat bread||100 Gram (Toasted)|
|Old bay seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Seaweed||50 Gram, chopped|
|Salt & pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Bread crumbs||50 Gram (Panko)|
|Wasabi powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Soy milk/Water||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 763 Calories from Fat 514
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g88.6%
Saturated Fat 6 g30.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39.3 mg
Sodium 2493.1 mg103.9%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.3%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 9 g18.1%
Vitamin A 87.9% Vitamin C 50.2%
Calcium 16.7% Iron 22%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saute pan, pour some oil and heat it.
2. Pop the onion , carrot, celery, green pepper and parsley inside the saute pan.
3. Meanwhile in a processor, break the tofu, add mayonnaise, half of the whole wheat bread, old bay seasoning, dry mustard and pulse it down.
4. In a mixing bowl, transfer the tofu mixture , add the seaweed and the veggies cooking in the saute pan and combine the contents together.
5. Season with some salt and pepper and add back the left over bread crumbs into the bowl.
6. Spoon a little portion of the tofu mixture and make cakes in your hands to a desired size.
7. Dredge them in the panko bread crumbs so as to evenly coat them and shallow fry them in a pan.
8. Meanwhile, mix up wasabi powder and soy milk in mayonnaise.
9. Serve these as an appetizer with the wasabi mayonnaise dip which compliments the dish beautifully.