- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Martinique Green Beans Recipe
|Green beans||1 Pound, stem ends trimmed (Tender Variety)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely slivered|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), slivered|
|Homemade chicken broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), defatted|
|Ripe plum tomatoes||6 , seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice|
|Fresh thyme leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste, coarsely ground|
|Fresh lime||3 , halved (For Serving)|
Calories 384 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1198.8 mg49.9%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.8%
Dietary Fiber 14.5 g58%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 11 g21.9%
Vitamin A 70% Vitamin C 117.7%
Calcium 34.8% Iron 21.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pan, bring water to boil.
2. Add the beans and cook for 3-5 minutes until just crisp-tender.
3. Drain and rinse with cold water.
4. Drain again and keep aside.
5. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
6. Stir in shallots and garlic.
7. Cook for 5 minutes until the vegetables wilt.
8. Pour broth and cook for about 7 minutes until the shallots become soft.
9. Add tomatoes, thyme, salt, and pepper.
10. Cook for another 3 minutes.
11. Add the cooked green beans; toss and fold to mix well.
12. Cook for the final 2 minutes.
13. Adjust seasonings to taste.
14. Top with fresh lime halves for squeezing over the beans.
15. Serve hot.