- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marshmallow Sauce - Ice Cream Topping Recipe Video
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 359 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.11 g0.18%
Saturated Fat 0 g0%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 80.4 mg3.3%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.2%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 65.3 g
Protein 0.71 g1.4%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.9% Iron 0.09%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, beat together gelatin and 1/2 cup cold water.
2. In a sauce pan, using a candy thermometer, bring sugar, corn syrup, salt and remaining 1/2 cup of cold water to a boil.
3. Continue cooking, without stirring, until the temperature reaches 240 degrees.
4. Remove from heat and pour the mixture over the gelatin mixture.
5. Add vanilla extract.
6. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes.
7. Then increase the speed to high and beat until the mixture becomes thick, white and shiny.
8. Pour in a glass container and cover with a lid. Store in the refrigerator.
9. Serve over chocolate ice cream or as a dip with cut fruits.