- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marshmallow Puffs Recipe
|Instant non fat dry milk powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant nonfat dry milk powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg whites||4 (At Room Temperature)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
Calories 35 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.02 g0.03%
Saturated Fat 0 g0%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.2 mg
Sodium 42.7 mg1.8%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.11 g0.44%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 3 g5.8%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 0.42%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 0.19%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 275Â°F.
2) In a small bowl, mix the milk powder and sugar together, keep aside.
3) In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer, until frothy.
4) Beat in the cream of tartar until the whites hold soft peaks.
5) Gradually beat in the milk mixture and extracts until the powder is dissolved and the whites are stiff.
6) On a non-stick cookie sheet, drop the mixture by tablespoons forming 12 equal mounds and smoothen them.
7) Bake in the lower third portion of the preheated oven for about 35 to 45 minutes, until the puffs are dry to touch.
8) Sprinkle the puffs equally with the cinnamon and remove a on wire rack to cool.
9) Serve immediately on a serving platter or store in airtight container until ready to serve.