- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marshmallow Mermaid Pie Recipe Video
|For pie crust|
|Graham crackers||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted|
|Vegan margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegan marshmallows||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White chocolate chips||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegan marshmallow||50 Gram, cut into small pieces|
Calories 949 Calories from Fat 199
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.2%
Saturated Fat 8 g40.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.3 mg
Sodium 523.1 mg21.8%
Total Carbohydrates 177 g59%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 125.1 g
Protein 6 g11.5%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 0.57%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
FOR MAKING PIE CRUST
2. In a cuisinart, add graham crakers and blend. Then add in the toasted coconut and blend again.
3. In a bowl, add the crakers and coconut mixture and margarine. Mix well with a spoon.
4. Transfer it to a pie plate and press to the bottom and sides of the plate, then bake in the oven at 375 degree F for 10 minutes and set aside.
FOR MAKING MARSHMALLOW
5. In a bowl, mix margarine, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and set aside.
6. In a pan over medium heat, heat soy milk and the vegan marshmallows until the marshmallows melt.
7. Add this marshmallow mix into the margarine mixture and blend well until smooth.
8. Pour the marshmallow mixture into the prepared pie crust. Top the pie with vegan white chocolate chips, a few vegan marshmallows and maraschino cherries.
9. Cut the Marshmallow Pie into pieces and serve.