- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marshmallow Ghosts - Halloween Recipe Video
|For the cocoa shortcrust pastry|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||15 Gram|
|For the marshmallow|
|White sugar||250 Gram|
|Vanilla pod||1 Small|
|Dark chocolate||15 Gram|
|White sugar||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 232 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.9%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 44.4 mg
Sodium 41.4 mg1.7%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.8%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 30.8 g
Protein 4 g7.3%
Vitamin A 3.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.2% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Sift the flour with the cocoa powder and powdered sugar over a stand mixer; separate the egg whites from the egg yolks and keep the latter aside. Make a hole in the sifted powders and add the diced cold butter.
2. Mix with the paddle attachment until you have a crumbly mixture; add the egg yolks and run for a few more seconds. Transfer the dough to a floured pastry board and form it into a flattened ball; cover with cling film and let it rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven at 350°F and prepare a lined baking tray.
4. After an hour, roll it out to a thickness of 1/10 inch (3 mm) and, with a cookie cutter, cut out round cookies of 1 ½ inches (4 cm) in diameter. Arrange them on a baking tray then bake for about 12-15 minutes. Remove from the oven when done and allow them to cool.
5. Soak the gelatin sheets in plenty of cold water, Put just over ¼ cup of water in a saucepan, then add the sugar; stir to dissolve, let it simmer until the syrup reaches 250°F (121°C), you might need a candy thermometer.
6. While the syrup is simmering, drain the gelatin sheets and melt them in 2 tablespoons of hot-boiling water, keep aside since we'll need it later.
7. Combine the egg whites, vanilla seeds and the salt in a stand mixer: beat the egg whites until very stiff peaks form. Once the syrup is at 250°F, fold it into the egg whites then add the gelatin continue beating until the mixture is cold.
8. Once the mixture is cold, put it into a pastry bag with a plain round tip and pipe pointed mounds on each cookie to form small ghosts, for the arms.
9. Using the melted dark chocolate, make the eyes, a smiling or angry mouth and sprinkle the fine white sugar all over.
10. After that, put them in a sealed container and keep in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours.
11. You can serve it as a trick or treat this Halloween.