- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marsala Veal Recipe
|Veal escalope||8 Ounce (2 Pieces, Each Weighing 125 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Button mushrooms||2 Ounce, finely chopped (50 Gram)|
|Bacon slices||2 , chopped|
|Finely chopped rosemary||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Juniper berries||6 , crushed|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh breadcrumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Marsala||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Natural yogurt||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Teaspoon|
|Rosemary sprig||1 (To Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 740 Calories from Fat 202
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.2%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 357.7 mg
Sodium 1485.8 mg61.9%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.8%
Sugars 10.6 g
Protein 79 g157.5%
Vitamin A 28.6% Vitamin C 45.2%
Calcium 16.8% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Mix together half of the onion, the mushrooms, bacon, rosemary, juniper berries, lemon juice and breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper and add sufficient milk to bind the mixture together.
3. Divide between the escalopes, roll up and tie securely with thin string or cotton.
4. Melt the butter in a small flameproof casserole, add the escalopes and fry for 3-4 minutes, until beginning to brown. Transfer to a plate. Add the remaining onion to the casserole and fry gently for 2-3 minutes, then stir in the Marsala or sherry.
5. Return the escalopes and any juices to the casserole, cover and cook in a preheated oven, 180°C/350°F, for about 1 hour, until tender.
6. Remove the escalopes from the casserole and discard the string or cotton. Arrange on a warmed serving plate.
7. Stir the yogurt into the sauce in the casserole and heat gently; do not boil. Pour over the escalopes and sprinkle with the parsley. Garnish with rosemary and serve with new potatoes, zucchini and carrots.