- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marrows with Piquant Sauce Recipe
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|For the sauce|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Tomato puree||3 Tablespoon|
|Olives||6 , chopped|
|Capers||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
Calories 242 Calories from Fat 168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.9%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 137.7 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 2 g4.3%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 48%
Calcium 7% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare the marrows wash and slice them.
2. Fry them such that both sides are golden and tender and when the marrows are fried place them in a deep dish.
3. For the sauce, in a pan fry the onions and the garlic, add the tomato puree and cook for a few minutes.
4. Then add the sugar, chopped olives, capers and vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
5. Adding 250 ml of stock simmer slowly for about an hour.
6. When the sauce is done pour over the marrows.
7. Serve hot or cold or as desired.