- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marrow Dumplings Recipe
|Mashed beef marrow||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (From A 4 Inch Beef Marrowbone)|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Using 2 Bread Slices)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 570 Calories from Fat 485
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83%
Saturated Fat 0.95 g4.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg
Sodium 679.7 mg28.3%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 0.8 g3.2%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 9 g18.2%
Vitamin A 18% Vitamin C 16.6%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 24.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Using a sharp thin-blade knife, slice marrow and then mash it to measure to 1/2 cup.
2) Take a small bowl and mix beef in it with rest of the ingredients.
3) Shape the mixture lightly into marble-size balls.
4) Place the dumplings in a shallow pan and keep in refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour to help the dumplings hold their shape better.
5) Cover and cook for 5 minutes, on top of hot beef mixture.
6) Serve hot.