- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marron Parfait Recipe
|Candied peel||2 Ounce, chopped|
|Glazed cherries||2 Ounce, chopped|
|Maraschino liqueur/Rum||4 Tablespoon|
|Icing sugar||1⁄2 Pound|
|Sifted icing sugar||1⁄2 Pound|
|Double cream||1 Pint|
|Unsweetened chestnut puree||4 Ounce|
|Whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for garnish)|
|Marrons glaces||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for garnish)|
Calories 894 Calories from Fat 437
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g74.7%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59.9 mg
Sodium 24.1 mg1%
Total Carbohydrates 112 g37.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.3%
Sugars 95.6 g
Protein 3 g6.1%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 35.8%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, add in the candied peel, cherries, currants, sultanas.
2) Mix in the Maraschino or rum. Let the fruits marinate for about 1 hour. Keep turning over the fruits in the marinade every few minutes.
3) In a heatproof bowl, add in the egg yolks and sugar. Beat till the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
4) In a saucepan, add in 2 cups of cream. Heat on low flame. Slowly add into the egg yolk mixture.
5) Place the heatproof bowl oven a pan with simmering water. Stir the egg yolk mixture till it becomes thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Do not let the custard boil.
6) Take the pan and the bowl off the heat.
7) In a bowl, add in the chestnut puree along with a little of the egg custard. Beat gently. Pour the mixture into a remaining custard.
8) Allow the custard to cool down. Once cooled, transfer it into a freezing tray or any shallow container. Freeze till the custard becomes thick.
9) In a bowl, beat the remaining cream till it becomes stiff. Fold carefully into the frozen custard along with the marinated fruits.
10) Transfer the mixture into a 6 1/4 cup pudding basin or mould.
11) At this stage, you may freeze the pudding. Cover with a foil. Seal, label and place in the freezer.
12) Serve the Marron Parfait with whipped cream and Marrons Glace.
13) To thaw the frozen parfait, unwrap and transfer into the serving dish. Let thaw at room temperature for about 1 hour.
14) Serve as in step 12.