- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marmalade Puff Pudding Recipe
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange marmalade||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Custard sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (To Serve)|
Calories 459 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.3%
Saturated Fat 5 g25%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 84.9 mg
Sodium 622.3 mg25.9%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.4%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 47.8 g
Protein 10 g20.1%
Vitamin A 3.9% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 29.3% Iron 11.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Into a sifter, measure the baking powder, flour and salt.
2) In a medium-sized bowl, cream the margarine or butter with sugar till the mixture is fluffy. Beat in the egg.
3) Sift in the dry ingredients, alternately with the milk. After each addition, blend well. Fold in the marmalade.
4) Into a well-buttered 4 cup-mold, pour the entire concoction. Use transparent wrap, foil or double thickness of wax paper to cover. Hold in place by tightly fastening with a string.
5) In a kettle or steamer, place the mold on a rack or trivet. Pour in the boiling water to half of the depth of the mold. Tightly cover the kettle or steamer.
6) Steam for 60 minutes, or till a long and thin metal skewer comes out clean when inserted in the center. During the entire cooking time, ensure that the water is gently boiling. If needed, add more water.
7) For 5 minutes, cool the mold and then loosen the pudding around the edges with the help of a knife. Unmold onto a serving plate and cool slightly.
8) Serve warm after cutting into wedges. Serve Devon Custard Sauce on the side.