- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marmalade Loaf Recipe Video
|Eggs||2 Large, lightly beaten|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Orange marmalade||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon rind||1⁄2 Medium, grated|
|Orange rind||1⁄2 Medium, grated|
|Glazed fruit||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Optional)|
|Dark brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 250 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.4%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47 mg
Sodium 335.5 mg14%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g5%
Sugars 25.5 g
Protein 4 g8.7%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C 3.9%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan. Keep aside
3. In a bowl, beat 2 large eggs lightly, add sugar, butter, milk, vinegar and orange marmalade. Mix well and keep aside.
4. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, glazed fruit, orange and lemon rind. Stir nicely.
5. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and stir quickly until well combined.
6. Take the greased pan, pour the batter into it and spread it evenly, and smooth out the top.
7. Crumble the dark brown sugar over the top of the batter and bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for an hour or until the tester comes out clean.
8. Once done, remove the pan from the oven and let the loaf sit in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove and let the loaf cool completely on a rack.
9. Cut the loaf into desired slices and serve with tea or coffee for breakfast.