- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mark Hix's Easy Over Goose Egg with Caper and Lemon Crust Recipe Video
|Goose eggs||2 Large|
|Olive oil/Rapeseed oil||1 Tablespoon (for frying)|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||60 Gram, lightly toasted (For the topping)|
|Butter||30 Gram, melted (For the topping)|
|Capers||2 Tablespoon, rinsed, dried, chopped (For the topping)|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon (For the topping)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped (For the topping)|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, chopped (For the topping)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
Calories 390 Calories from Fat 259
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 569 mg189.7%
Sodium 1389.7 mg57.9%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.4%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 13 g25.1%
Vitamin A 35.1% Vitamin C 41.8%
Calcium 17.9% Iron 26.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Mix all of the ingredients together for the topping and season to taste.
2. Now hopefully you will have a couple of non stick frying pans, if not you will have to cook the eggs individually. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the eggs on a low heat for 3-4 minutes, seasoning the white as they are cooking.
3. Flip the eggs over, season and cook for another minute.
4. Slide onto warm serving plates.
4. Scatter the crust on top.