- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marinated Nectarines Recipe
|Nectarines||4 Large (Ripe Pieces)|
|Water||200 Milliliter (Around 1/3 Pint)|
|Dry vermouth||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 102 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.65 g1%
Saturated Fat 0.06 g0.29%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1.5 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.1%
Sugars 17 g
Protein 2 g4.4%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 70.1%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Pare the skin from the lemon and cut into matchstick strips. Squeeze the lemon juice into a large bowl and fill up with iced water. Put the prepared nectarines into the lemon water.
3. Peel the orange thinly, removing all the pith; chop the flesh into pieces, discarding any pips. Cut the orange peel into matchstick strips.
4. Put the orange flesh into the liquidizer with the water and vermouth; blend until smooth.
5. Lift the nectarines out of the lemon water and drain.
6. Put the nectarines into a shallow dish and spoon over the prepared orange and vermouth sauce. Cover and chill for 2 hours. (No longer, otherwise the nectarines are likely to discolour.)
7. Sprinkle with the strips of lemon and orange peel and serve immediately.