- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marinated Turkey Bean Salad Recipe
|Turkey meat||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Canned wax beans||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned kidney beans||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Cooked lima beans||8 Ounce (1 Can, Or 1 Cup)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), diagonally sliced|
|Red onion||1 Small, sliced and separated into rings|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|For the dressing|
|Vinegar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Celery seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Salad oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 591 Calories from Fat 284
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.2%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.3%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 81.6 mg
Sodium 415.9 mg17.3%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g38%
Sugars 20.1 g
Protein 34 g68.9%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 23.6%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make the salad dressing, in jar with a lid, combine the dressing ingredients.
2. Close and shake vigorously to blend well.
3. In a large bowl, combine the turkey with other salad ingredients.
4. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to mix thoroughly.
5. Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator to chill and blend flavors for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight, stirring occasionally.
6. Line individual salad plates or a salad bowl with lettuce leaves.
7. Heap the salad onto the bed of lettuce
8. Serve cold