- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marinated Swordfish Steaks Recipe
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Saffron threads||1 Pinch|
|Olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Minced ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Minced garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
Calories 744 Calories from Fat 488
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.4%
Saturated Fat 8 g40.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 107.1 mg
Sodium 484.3 mg20.2%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g1.6%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 53 g105.4%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 12.6%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare the marinade, in medium saucepan, combine the wine and saffron and bring to a boil over a medium flame.
2. Taking the pan off heat, add olive oil, honey, parsley, lemon juice, salt, ginger, garlic, thyme and cayenne pepper and stir to blend. Set saucepan aside and allow the marinade to cool.
3. In the mean while, rinse the fish steaks and pat dry using a kitchen towel
4. In a shallow glass baking dish, place steaks and pour the prepared marinade turn the steaks in the marinade to coat both sides.
5. Cover the dish with clean wrap and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Turn the fish steaks occasionally to keep them coated with the marinade.
6. Prepare a charcoal or gas grill 10 minutes before cooking time.
7. Remove steaks from marinade and reserve the marinade for basting.
8. Barbecue the fish over a charcoal or gas grill for 4-5 minutes on each side. Place the steak smooth side down first.
9. Baste the steaks once before turning.
10. Serve hot from the grill over a platter along with a salad of your choice.