- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marinated Steak With Onions And Peppers Recipe
|Chopped fresh cilantro/Italian flat leaf parsley||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Chinese Parsley)|
|Lime juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (No Sugar Added)|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Seeded minced jalapeno pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Boneless sirloin steak||1⁄2 Pound|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Diced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned ready to serve beef broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned beef broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Ready To Serve)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 698 Calories from Fat 357
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.3%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 106.6 mg
Sodium 533.3 mg22.2%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.8%
Sugars 13.1 g
Protein 52 g103.7%
Vitamin A 74.8% Vitamin C 315.5%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 28.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat barbecue or gas grill on high for 10 minutes.
2. In a glass or stainless-steel pie plate, prepare marinade mixture by blending cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, garlic, and pepper.
3. Add steak to the marinade and coat evenly.
4. On a grilling rack, arrange the marinated steaks and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side; save the remaining marinade for sauce.
5. In a 9-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil.
6. Stir in onions and bell peppers and cook for about 1 minute until onion is translucent; stir frequently.
7. To the reserved marinade, add broth and cornstarch; stir and dissolve cornstarch.
8. Stir the marinade mixture into the onion-pepper mixture and cook with constant stirring until the mixture comes to a boil.
9. Then, lower the heat and simmer for about 3 minutes until the flavors blend.
10. In a serving plate, arrange steak.
11. Top with onion-pepper mixture.