- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marinated Steak Salad Recipe
|Beef sirloin steak||12 Ounce, trimmed|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Mixed greens||12 Cup (192 tbs)|
|Shiitake mushrooms||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Green onions||14 Cup (224 tbs), sliced|
|Olive salad||1 Tablespoon|
|Sweet red pepper||1 Large, cut into thin strips|
Calories 299 Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.6 mg
Sodium 454.5 mg18.9%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.6%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 18 g35.8%
Vitamin A 237.9% Vitamin C 177.4%
Calcium 21.2% Iron 29.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a jar with a tight fitting lid, add the 1/4 cup olive oil, wine vinegar, sherry, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger together.
2) Cover the jar tightly and shake to blend the marinade thoroughly.
3) In a shallow dish, place the beef and pour over the marinade.
4) Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 6 to 24 hours, turning the beef occasionally.
5) In a large bowl, toss the greens, shiitake mushrooms, and green onions together.
6) Spoon the mixture equally on 6 dinner plates; keep aside.
7) Drain the beef and reserve 1/2 cup marinade.
8) In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over a medium-high heat and stir-fry the pepper strips for 2 minutes or until just tender; remove and keep aside.
9) Then add the beef into the skillet and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or as desired.
10) Stir in the pepper strips , then move thebeef and pepper strips to a side of the skillet.
11) Pour the reserved marinade into the center of the skillet, stir and
cook, until bubbly.
12) Stir all the ingredients in the skillet together to mix thoroughly.
13) Spoon the hot beef mixture over the mushroom mixture on the dinner plates and serve immediately.