- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marinated Squid Alla Rosina Recipe
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Dijon style mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Purple onion||1 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1 , roasted, cut in strips|
|Baby carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diagonally sliced, lightly poached|
|Nicoise olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), sliced|
|Lemon peel||1 Tablespoon, slivered|
|Lettuce||4 (For Garnish)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
Calories 267 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.1%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 396.3 mg
Sodium 229.1 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 29 g58.2%
Vitamin A 285.2% Vitamin C 118.5%
Calcium 13.9% Iron 16.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash the Squid and slice in even-sized rings.
2) Drop the squid rings in boiling water for about 30 seconds to poach them. Drain and keep aside.
3) In a bowl, prepare the marinade for the squid by combining olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Keep aside to rest.
4) In a large bowl, add in the poached squid rings, onion, bell pepper, baby carrots, olives, garlic, capers, parsley and lemon peel. Toss them together till mixed well.
5) Pour in the prepared marinade over the squid. Mix well.
6) Keep in the refrigerator till chilled.
7) On a large serving platter, place the lettuce leaf and spoon the chilled Marinated Squid Alla Rosina over it.