- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marinated Short Ribs with Grilled Pineapple: Easy Entertaining Recipe Video
|Beef short ribs||2 Pound, thinly cut|
|Fresh pineapple||1 Medium, cut into half rounds|
|For the marinade|
|Minced garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Dry vermouth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 514 Calories from Fat 371
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.5%
Saturated Fat 17.9 g89.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86 mg
Sodium 271 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 12.6 g
Protein 17 g34%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 100.2%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Barbecue grill or an indoor grill pan
1. Heat up your barbecue. While it is getting hot, place the short ribs in a resealable plastic bag.
2. To prepare the marinade, mix garlic, vermouth, soy sauce and pepper together. Pour into the bag with short ribs, then seal the bag and begin mixing the marinade into the meat. Set aside for 20-30 minutes.
3. Take a fresh pineapple, cut it into rounds and further cut those rounds into half. Set aside. (Keep the rind on as it would help it to grill well)
4. When coals are ready, spread them out in a single layer in your barbecue and cook them on a high direct heat.
5. When you see the charred lines on the bottom side of the meat strips, turn them over.
6. The ribs would be cooked in about 5 - 7 minutes. Once done, remove form the grill and place on a plate, cover with foil.
7. Place pineapple half-rounds on grill and cook for 3-5 minutes.
8. Serve by putting the short ribs and pineapple together on a large platter.