- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Marinated Scallop And Vegetable Salad Recipe
|Frozen scallops||14 Ounce (2 packages 7 ounce /198 grams each)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped chives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh basil/1 teaspoon / 5 milliliter dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
Calories 609 Calories from Fat 495
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.2%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.7 mg
Sodium 431.4 mg18%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 18 g36.7%
Vitamin A 87.3% Vitamin C 42.5%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a shallow dish spread scallops, cover with waxed paper and microwave at High for 5 minutes or until opaque, stirring once.
2. Let it stand for 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
3. Cut zucchini and carrot into julienne strips, place zucchini in the center of shallow dish and carrot around edge.
4. Sprinkle with water and cover with plastic wrap.
5. Microwave at High for 3 minutes until tender-crisp, rotating dish once.
6. Let stand, covered, for 2 minutes drain and set aside.
7. For making the Marinade in a bowl stir together oil, lemon juice, vinegar, basil, sugar, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic.
8. In a plastic bag, combine scallops, mushrooms and chives and in a separate bag place zucchini and carrots.
9. Into each of the bags pour 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) of the marinade and reserve the remaining marinade.
10. Press air out, secure with twist ties and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
11. Draining the vegetables and scallop mixture, divide among 4 lettuce-lined plates.
12. To serve garnish with tomatoes and pass reserved marinade separately.